The Windish Agency is an independent booking agency devoted to the artistic development and vision of its incredibly talented roster of musicians, bands and DJs. The Windish Agency has emerged as one of the most innovative leaders in key aspects of the music industry – touring and connecting with fans – and is committed to the sustainable, long-term success of its artists, concert promoters, partners and the internal talent that is at the heart of the company.
The company was created by Tom Windish in 2004 out of his Chicago apartment with two employees, 50 bands and a commitment to building something unique. A music expert and entrepreneur who began booking bands when he was 19, Tom recognized that agents would play an increasingly important role in every musician’s career.
Today, The Windish Agency is known as a tastemaker and musical curator, spotting and nurturing a wide range of talented artists and focusing on the longevity of their careers. The agency has a long history of seeking out and developing alternative venues, bringing music to previously untapped places, and has established a strong presence at nearly every major festival and music industry event. The company also ensures the most beneficial, seamless deals for its artists and creates new opportunities to bring exciting live performances to fans.
The company’s leadership, risk-taking and passion already led to well-deserved recognition at the beginning of the year – the company was bestowed Pollstar’s 2012 “Independent Booking Agency of the Year”. With the addition of a Performing Arts division in 2012, the company now also possesses one of the most diverse rosters of any agency. Additionally, the agency has responded to the current shifts in the music industry and the heightened importance of live performances in an artist’s career by building services and skills that focus on development, awareness and alternative revenue sources – through technology partnerships, international brand collaboration and more.
For years, the agency has provided its roster of more than 600 artists and their creative teams the most extensive services available while they are on tour, including a personalized database where show offers, contracts, itineraries and venue details are accessible 24/7. The staff also has vast experience with visa and immigration requirements, IRS tax compliance, tour accounting and show settlements, along with a full-service tour marketing division. The Windish Agency now has offices in Chicago, New York and Los Angeles with satellite offices in Toronto, Boston and Oakland, continuing to solidify its status as the premier independent booking agency with a top-notch team of more than 55 people booking nearly 13,000 gigs a year.
• Do Androids Dance praises a few of our 2013 signings and predicts a “massive” 2014
• The Windish Agency wins Pollstar’s 2012 Independent Booking Agency of the Year award
• Sam Hunt weighs in on festival sponsorship with CNN Money
• Tom Windish is recognized on Billboard’s 40 Under 40 Power Players
• TIME Magazine chats with agent Steve Goodgold about the “rise of the superstar DJ”
• Los Angeles Times profiles the EDMBiz conference and panelist Steve Goodgold, The Windish Agency “dance-music czar”
• Wall Street Journal chats with Tom Windish about “the rise of the opening act”
• Coachella’s Paul Tollet names Tom Windish one of the music industry’s top 5 influential booking agents in Paper Mag
• The Windish Agency’s Amy Davidman named one of Elle’s Top Women Who Shaped SxSW
• The Windish Agency is awarded Pollstar’s 2011 Independent Booking Agency of the Year
• Tom Windish talks about his music “firsts” on The Daily Swarm
• Pollstar feature Q&A with CEO Tom Windish, about The Windish Agency’s roots, mission, and future.