Sub Pop will release Low’s Ones and Sixes, the group’s latest studio effort, on CD / LP / DL worldwide Friday, September 11th. The album, featuring the standouts “No Comprende” [listen here], “What Part of Me,” “Gentle,” and “No End,” was co-produced by the band and engineer BJ Burton at Justin Vernon’s April Base Studios in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Read More...
Sub Pop will release Low’s Ones and Sixes, the group’s latest studio effort, on CD / LP / DL worldwide Friday, September 11th. The album, featuring the standouts “No Comprende” [listen here], “What Part of Me,” “Gentle,” and “No End,” was co-produced by the band and engineer BJ Burton at Justin Vernon’s April Base Studios in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
Low’s Alan Sparhawk had this offer about the new album: “In our 20+ years of writing songs, I’ve learned that no matter how escapist, divergent, or even transcendent the creative process feels, the result is more beholden to what is going on at the moment. It’s hard to admit that one is so influenced by what is in front of us. Doesn’t it come from something magical and far away? No, it comes from here. It comes from now. I’m not going to tell you what this record is about because I have too much respect for that moment when you come to know it for yourself.
“I will, however, tell you about how we made it. BJ contacted us a few years ago and invited us out to the studio where he works with Justin, Lizzo, and other artists. The studio is close to our home in Duluth, so it seemed tempting. Months later, I worked with BJ, producing the recent record by Trampled by Turtles. We got along and seemed to have similar curiosity about the possibilities for Low, so time was booked and songs finished. We tracked under the soft glow of laser discs playing lost classics like Point Break and Speed. Glenn Kotche from Wilco was there one day working on another record, so we had him in to play hand-percussion on a couple songs. Working 2 or 3 days at a time, leaving it with BJ, then back again for more, we don’t have the time or money to second-guess or pick from a pool of possibilities. This is the whole thought – the untamed truth. This is now. This is everything.”
- Low's "No Comprende" feature via Consequence of Sound
- Low releases video for "Lies"
- Low "Ones and Sixes" Album Review
- Low's Mimi Parker Interviewed by Sharon Van Etten
- Pitchfork Reviews Low's 'Ones and Sixes' Album with a score of 7.8
- Mojo4Music New Album Of the Week: Low
- New album Ones and Sixes out September 11 on Sub Pop
- Low share "What Part Of Me" from their forthcoming album Ones and Sixes
- Feature: Is Low Minnesota's last great and sustainable indie-rock band?
- Latest track ‘What Part of Me’ premieres on The Quietus
- Low announces new album, Ones and Sixes, and premieres “No Comprende” on Consequence of Sound
- Pitchfork Announces New Album Ones and Sixes
- Low's 'The Invisible Way' reviewed as an "A+ masterpiece" on Sound Opinions
- Low featured in The Wall Street Journal
- Low featured on NPR's "2013 Winter Music Preview"
- Low On World Cafe
- Low feature on NPR Music
- Low Featured on Sound Opinions
- Low release free live EP
- Low Interviewed on Pitchfork
- Low highlighted in Paste Magazine
- Low Featured in Rolling Stone
|Fri 01/15/16||The Taproot||Anchorage||AK||Buy|
|Sat 01/16/16||The Taproot||Anchorage||AK||Buy|
|Sat 01/30/16||Evanston SPACE||Evanston||IL||Buy|
|Mon 02/01/16||Johnny Brenda's||Philadelphia||PA||Mary Lattimore||Buy|
|Tue 02/02/16||Creative Alliance||Baltimore||MD||Buy|
|Wed 02/03/16||Cat's Cradle||Carrboro||NC||Buy|
|Thu 02/04/16||The Earl||Atlanta||GA||Buy|
|Sat 02/06/16||One Eyed Jacks||New Orleans||LA||Buy|
|Mon 02/08/16||Walter's Downtown||Houston||TX||Buy|
|Tue 02/09/16||The Parish||Austin||TX||Buy|
|Wed 02/10/16||The Kessler Theater||Dallas||TX||Buy|
|Thu 02/11/16||Low Key Arts||Hot Springs||AR||Buy|
|Fri 02/12/16||City Winery||Nashville||TN||Buy|
|Sat 02/13/16||Off Broadway||St. Louis||MO||Buy|